A Conversation for Great Party Games

Balderdash

Post 1

Vidmaster - A Pebble in the Pond

This is probably my favorite party game, because it's simple, fun, and lets everyone get involved. Here's how it works:
Equipment: A dictionary, paper, and pencils.

# of players: It works best with 5-10 people, so at a big party you could make several groups.

The rules: Each player gets a pad of paper and a pencil. One player gets the dictionary as well. The player with the dictionary finds a difficult word, and tells it to everyone. Each player then writes down what they think is the correct definition, while the person who found the word writes down the dictionary definition. Then, the player with the dictionary collects all the definitions and reads them. Players try to guess which is the correct definition.

Scoring: You get one point for guessing the correct definition, and one point for each player your definition fools.

Hopefully this is a good enough explanation. If you have any questions, just ask.


Balderdash

Post 2

Captain Kebab

Hmm - I've played something very similar, only those without the dictionary didn't necessarily try to guess the correct definition, they just wrote dowm something which sounded convincing. A bit like Call my Bluff. Good fun.


Balderdash

Post 3

Vidmaster - A Pebble in the Pond

That's sort of what I meant.

If you know the correct definition, just vote for it when it comes around. Make up something convincing to fool the others and get yourself more points.

smiley - cheers


Balderdash

Post 4

J'au-æmne

You can buy a boardgame version of this game. It has movie titles too, - you're given a title, and have to write a plot summary, - it also has acronyms, where you have to say what the letters are for. It's great fun! smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more