A Conversation for Public Transit in Boston (MBTA)

Re: MBTA Article

Post 1

diego001

Hmm... Very thorough article on the MBTA. I wish I could have had it
last year when I was new in town. No worries, though, I've figured it
out myself... One thing, though, the author should probably stress a
little more on the unreliability of the Green Line. I'm ALWAYS late for
class due to the delays on the Green Line and sometimes I have to
wait for a train for upwards of 45 mins. Now there's a fun game to play, heh...


Re: MBTA Article

Post 2

cosmopolitan snowflake

I agree, very interesting article.
I only visited Boston as a tourist for some days about 4 years ago, but I a couple of things I remember quite clearly: 1. Bostonians (or at least those driving cars) don't seem to have a clue what traffic lights or sign are all about, so never, ever drive in Boston! Therefore 2. The Subway is the best way to get around, and it actually is fun to ride in those underground streetcars, and 3. Bostonians are really nice and helpful to tourists! Whenever I even just glanced at my map near a subway station, somebody came up and asked if he/she could help. One time a man even walked with me from the station I was standing in and which obviously was the wrong station to the one that was right for me, and instead of expecting a thank you or a coffee invitation or anything you might expect when a girl in a strange city does not know the way, he just took my to an MBTA employee and asked him to put me in the right train. And then he walked back to the station where we came from. Wow! that definitly has not happened to me ever before or since. (Sitting in the train I again glanced at my map because I wasn't sure which stop to get off, and another men came up asked and helped me find the right one. And again, he just went back to his seat afterwards and got off one or two stops before me)

So, I must say, opposite to most I have heard, I think the people in Boston are among the friendliest I have ever met!
smiley - cheers


Re: MBTA Article

Post 3

Researcher 238368

Just wanted to thank you all for the very entertaining article and commentary, from a Boston native and daily T commuter. I got a great laugh out of it, and it's pretty much (as you would say) "spot on", although we do try very hard not to kill tourists holding up the queue at the token booth.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more