A Conversation for Cooking on a Camping Holiday

wonderful

Post 1

Sho - employed again!

I'm off camping in two weeks... but I have to admit that my one and only indispensable item is...

my (army trained) smiley - chef! smiley - winkeye

honestly, we have a 2 ring gas cooker and an ancient set of fit-into-each-other pots and pans (and one small fryingp pan)
and we have had 4 course meals, the envy of all the caravans on the last site we were at (mostly Dutch people who are generally very experienced, resourceful and good campers)

So get yourself an Army smiley - chef and take the strain out of camping holiday cooking!

(although he does have a tendency to cook for about 50...)

oh and I like your description of the swiss army knife... judging by the list you gave, they also come complete with sieve
smiley - run


wonderful

Post 2

You can call me TC

Yes - on re-reading the entry, I don't understand some of it myself - or rather: it could have been a little less breathless at that point.


wonderful

Post 3

Sho - employed again!

ah but I like it - it's all rather gung-ho Swallows&Amazons-ish!


wonderful

Post 4

You can call me TC

I even mention Swallows and Amazons. The big biscuit tin and waxed paper stuck in my mind from the books. They hung the bananas on the tree and jumped in the lake every morning to wash.


wonderful

Post 5

Sho - employed again!

smiley - blush I hang bananas in the tree when we go camping, and call fizzy-pop "grog" but since I'm the only one in our family who has read the book, they think it's just another one of my strange habits and let me get on with it.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more