A Conversation for So You Want to Write a Play!

Speed of playwriting

Post 1

B R Wombat

The writer of the piece on becoming a playwright says that plays have to go through lots of rewrites. This is not always true. Think of the greatest playwright of all time. Sometimes Shakespeare wrote many plays in an incredibly short space of time. He cannot have gone in for lots of rewrites. Sometimes one gets it right first time.


Speed of playwriting

Post 2

Number Six

It's very very unlikely that he didn't. He was probably just working extremely intensively. The very process of going from a finished script to a performed play entails a lot of reworking things, no matter who you are...

smiley - mod


Speed of playwriting

Post 3

satanstanstan

Everyone works in different ways. Some people like to labour on one piece until they have completed it. Others like to have a couple on the go at any time so they can dip into various works if they find the going heavy on a particular piece.

Nothing can/should be rushed.

Love SSS


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more