A Conversation for Buses in the UK

Holy cow!!!

Post 1

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

A very informative entry, especially the explanation of bunching.
One thing that made me go smiley - yikes though - "...rape-powered buses". What ghastly image that conjures up. Perhaps "Rapeseed oil-powered buses", or "Buses powered by bio-diesel made from rapeseed oil" might read better, especially for any Americans reading the entry, bearing in mind that they call it canola oil here.
Apart from that, a really good entry smiley - smiley


Holy cow!!!

Post 2

Bluebottle

...And here I am, living innocently near several fields of rape...

<BB<


Holy cow!!!

Post 3

Sea Change

If it's not edible, we call it linseed oil. The edible canola oil is a Canadian invention. Fields of rape are very pretty, I remember seeing one, and then the embarassment of my folks to explain to me where linseed oil came from.


Holy cow!!!

Post 4

Bluebottle

Very pretty, yes, but not nice to walk through as you get covered in yellow pollen that irritates everyone who's slightly hay-fevery, and they're quite a tough and tall plant, often towering over you. They tend to refuse to get out of your way as well...

<BB<


Holy cow!!!

Post 5

Sea Change

So no one would sing 'a commin' thru' the rape? smiley - smiley

smiley - fullmoonsmiley - vampire


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more