A Conversation for The Great Pyramid, Giza, Egypt

Watermarks & Secret Passages

Post 1

Future World Dictator (13)

Re watermarks, is that a sarcastic 'Interesting' or an actually-there-might-be-something-in-that 'Interesting'?

And if there all these passages yet to be explored (after all, rocks don't grow handles all by themselves), why doesn't anyone explore them?


Watermarks & Secret Passages

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

That was a sarcastic "interesting".

Rocks do not grow handles. But unfortunately, the slab with the handles is a long way (50m ?) up a shaft which is only 20 cm wide. You'd have to build a special machine to get to it and open it. You'd also have to get permission from the Egyptian government, which could take a long time. They're reluctant to let people damage the pyramids any more because there are so many people trying to dismantle them, convinced there are secret passages.


Watermarks & Secret Passages

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

I heard a rumour that they built a robot which went up the shaft and opened the door. Behind it was ...

another door.

smiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more