A Conversation for Subway Surfing

Balance..

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Very good entry, I enjoyed reading it. Well done.smiley - applause


Balance..

Post 2

Scruff79

Brings back memories of the 17:37 from Manchester Piccadilly smiley - biggrin


Dont look uncool

Post 3

Leo

lovely. It took me a while to learn, this basically summarizes it. One addition- dont look like you're trying too hard. If you hold the stance like a ninja-in-training, you'll look pretty funny.


Commute Habits

Post 4

How

Some people do it naturally, without any thought at all.

I once observed a teenage girl, immersed in a book, stroll onto a subway car and stand with her feet together, facing the door, without looking up, for the entire ride from Manhattan to Brooklyn.

smiley - wow


Commute Habits

Post 5

Elrond Cupboard

As an extension to the idea of not locking knees, when riding the London Underground on fast/bumpy lines I found that listening to music at sociably quiet levels on a walkman and swaying gently to the beat made balancing less effort.
It seemed much easier to add corrections to leg/hip movements I was already making than to initiate movements simply to correct for the carriage moving around.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more