A Conversation for How Not to Name Children

Dweezil Zappa

Post 1

Henry Tudor

The article mentioned Dweezil Zappa and asks where did his name get him?

Answer: a sucessful career in the music business, releasing numerous albums and playing to thousands at a time.

But of course, just because the writer of article hasn't heard of his career, then it can't exist. How about a retuirn to the old days, when writers used to put in a bit of research?


Dweezil Zappa

Post 2

DagHammarskjold

According to Wikipedia (shaky ground I know) he was originally registered as Ian Donald Calvin Euclid Zappa because the nurse refused to allow Dweezil. The family always called him Dweezil.

He was five years old when he discovered the `real names' on his birth certificate.

Dweezil (aka Ian Donald Calvin Euclid Zappa) actually changed his name back though I'm not sure at what age.


Dweezil Zappa

Post 3

Staberinde

Aha! so being called Dweezil got him all that? And there was me thinking that it was because he was Frank Zappa's son, brought up in the music industry and totally surrounded by performers, agents and showbiz types. Silly me.smiley - biggrin


Dweezil Zappa

Post 4

Vestboy

I know this spoils the story but nurses don't register names do they?
You fill in a form at the registrar of births Deaths and marriages in the UK. Do health professionals carry out this job in the USA?

Or is it that the nurse was dispatched with the task by the too busy parents.

"Fetch me a quart of Jack Daniels and on the way register Dweezil's Birth!"
"I'm not a gofor! I'll get you back for this! Aha! I know exactly how!"


Dweezil Zappa

Post 5

broelan

No, in the US there is someone at the hospital that takes this information and registers for you. I don't remember if it's a nurse or not, probably someone dedicated to records, but it may have used to been a nurse.


Dweezil Zappa

Post 6

Vestboy

Ah, yes. Different to the UK then.
They should have had the baby here, then he could have been given the name they wanted on the birth certificate.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more