The Fear

3 Conversations

This is feeling of dread which overcomes a person after a hard night of drinking and the realisation that they have done something silly.

The subject rises from their bed with the hangover from hell and stumbles to their shower. Standing is too difficult an activity so they slump to the floor of the cubicle and let hot water wash over their body.

The shower brings our stout hero back to the real world and snippets of the previous night's revelry seep back into his memory. 'Wasn't last night a jolly good laugh." he thinks and then all of a sudden, using stealth technology the superpowers would be proud of, his brain prompts him of the activity involving his female boss, him prodding her left breast with his finger and everyone around him agreeing that he is the funniest man in the world.

That is 'the fear'. It can only be stopped by facing that person and admitting you were a bit of a drunken arse. In serious cases of the fear, people have been known to groan copiously all day during their hangover and on some occasions, they even attempt to block out the activity with the age old line 'I can't rememver that, I was too drunk.'

Remeber, strong drink is a mocker, but not as much of a mocker as your friends when you have the fear.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A609716

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more