A Conversation for Death, Suicide and Close Shaves in the World of Classical Music

Salieri

Post 1

Ellen

I hadn't known that Salieri's music was rewritten for the film to make it worse. That's fascinating. In fact, the whole article is fascinating, if a bit morbid. smiley - smiley


Salieri

Post 2

.

I didn't know that either. It's very interesting. I'd like to hear some of Salieri's real music.


Salieri

Post 3

Cefpret

It's not only interesting, I was rather irritated reading about it, too. I my opinion it's an unwritten law that was ignored here. smiley - sadface

But Amadeus is exaggerated for the sake of dramatic effect anyway. Certainly not the best way to learn about Mozart and people associated with him.


Salieri

Post 4

Ellen

Well, the film Amadeus was never meant to be a documentary - it's a dramatic work of art, and is justified I think in taking a few creative liberties. The soundtrack is really wonderful, and a great way for people who aren't normally into classical music to appreciate Mozart's work.


Salieri

Post 5

.

>...a great way for people who aren't normally into classical music to appreciate Mozart's work.

You're right there, although they may come away from it believing many of the untrue parts of the film to be true.


Salieri

Post 6

Cefpret

I didn't say that Amadeus was a bad movie. It's rather good, although it's not one of my favourites.

However, making Salieri's music worse is utterly unfair in my opinion.

Additionally, most filmgoers may not know what is drama and what is fact (me included, to some extent). Therefore I said that it's not the best way to learn about Mozart.

As far as the soundtrack is concernced -- well, let's be honest, there are probably hundreds of good compilations of Mozart music out there.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more