A Conversation for Bicycle Gearing

Dissecton

Post 1

Sean

I have just begun taking my bike to bits and replacing the knackered components with new ones.

I was wondering if you knew how the hell to detach the rear cassette from the hub?


Dissecton

Post 2

Ausnahmsweise, wie üblich (Consistently inconsistent)

Hi,
you'll need special tools - a pair. In North America a company called Park make the best known ones. I think there's another brand - LiFu.

I don't think I'm allowed to post an external link, but if you Google (my favourite search engine) for "bicycle cassette removal" one of the first hits is a to a site with a big picture.

Awu


Dissecton

Post 3

Sean

Thanks, I'll try it out


Dissecton

Post 4

Just zis Guy, you know? † Cyclist [A690572] :: At the 51st centile of ursine intelligence

Are you UK based? If so, email me (my name is Guy Chapman, which I use in full separated by dots, and my service provider is BT Internet, who live on the .com TLD) and I'll mail you a great website for tools and bits.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more