A Conversation for The British Touring Car Championship

DTM

Post 1

Mo Power (Itching Cucumber, Lord of Nonsense elect)

Actually, the DTM does not feature "normal" super touring or super producion cars, but they have a very special set of rules, and unique cars with a highly sophisticated aero. In the years 1997-99 they had the STW, the so-called "Super Tourenwagen"-series using the same cars as BTCC, but the audience didn't like those saloon-like cars. The biggest problem of this series was, that the people still remebered the high-tech monsters of the old DTM (and ITC, the international "child").
Over the last years another, more basic touring car series is struggling for notice in germany, the DTC (Deutsche Tourenwagen Challenge), featuring superproduction cars, and this year they introduced another type of racing to the German public: The silhouette-cars of the V8Star-series, all with the same powerful V8-engine, and similar aerodynamic behaviour.

MoPower


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The British Touring Car Championship

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more