A Conversation for The Metropolitain, Paris, France

Carte Orange

Post 1

Torakka

I think that it is worth mentioning that any tourist can get a Carte Orange that may be significantly cheaper than the Paris Visite ticket. All you need is 87 FF and a passport photo for unlimited rides in Paris for one week, compared to 175 FF / 5 days of the Paris Visite.

The downside is that the Carte Orange week starts on Monday, not on the day you wish, so if you arrive on Saturday for a week in red-winish-climate, you will have to wait until Monday to use your unlimited rides. On the other hand, why not walk for a couple of days...


Carte Orange

Post 2

Santragenius V

Yep - I, too, have benefited (err?) from a Carte Orange. Actually, once the card was done, we renewed it on our next 1 or maybe 2 visits. Whether we actually saved more than the hassle on getting a completely new card is left somewhere in the murky depths of my memory.

And if walking until Monday is a bit too much, you can get by for quite a while at a reasonable rate by buying a carnet -- a bunch of 10 tickets.

smiley - star


Carte Orange

Post 3

I'm not really here

We hadn't heard of this when we went, we know for next time though, thanks. smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Metropolitain, Paris, France

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more