A Conversation for Filing

absolutely lovely

Post 1

bumbee

I worked in an office as a temp once where my job was filing. They were workers comp lawyers and there were tons of papers. It was never ending. and the files looked like this:

1
4
P
W

Which should be filed as the 14th item in the p section. It all gets read bottom to top. By the end of teh day, you're looking at stop signs going okay, op/st. Damn, what a headache I would have by the end of the day.


Now I tend to put off filing as much as possible, which is one of my great failings as an administrative person. I really should work on that!


absolutely lovely

Post 2

Sho - employed again!

I hate the activity, but I love having it done and I can just admire my lovely neat files. I have someone to do it for me, but she's not as good as me. My colleagues are always astounded that not only I, but they too, can find anything - doesn't make them file their own stuff though.

What about File 13 (sometimes known as File WPB) one of my favourites at the moment.


absolutely lovely

Post 3

You can call me TC

Yes, very important - at the beginning and at the end of the system!

Thank you everyone for the favourable comments.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more