A Conversation for HRH Prince Philip - Duke of Edinburgh

Fascinating story of a couple who still love one another.

Post 1

AlsoRan80

This is a fascinating story very well told about our Reigning Queen and her Royal consort.

|Only one little incident is not recorded . That is the fact that the royal Family with their two daughters came to South Africa in 1947 just before the engagement was announced. There was much speculation and it seemed to us in South Africa that Princess Elizabeth was looking quite "triste" most of the time. We all speculated as to the reason why. !

Thank you so much much for writing this. I had not realised that he suffered so much from arthritis.

Christiane
AR80

Tuesday 29th September 2009 7.50 BST


Fascinating story of a couple who still love one another.

Post 2

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned


Oh, how remiss of us to forget the 1947 Royal Tour! smiley - doh

Thank you for your lovely comments, Christiane smiley - hug

Now, if you will give us a couple of hours, I'm sure we can remedy our omission smiley - winkeyesmiley - run


lil xxx


Fascinating story of a couple who still love one another.

Post 3

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned


Hi Christiane,

I've written a section about the Royal Tour, it should be added to the Entry later tonight, or tomorrow.

I hope you like the addition when you see it smiley - ok


smiley - hugsmiley - smooch


lil xx


Fascinating story of a couple who still love one another.

Post 4

AlsoRan80

Very dear Lil,

Thank you so much. !! It was not a criticism - just an observation. I remember her looking so sad and we all thought it was because her parents would not let her marry the "love if her life"!!

How wrong we were. !!Tonight Keith and I are going to hear the Sowero Gospel Choir.

African people have not only the most beautiful voices but they sing in harmony naturally. I mean the different parts of bass, baritone, tenor soprano contralto etc, just comes naturally to them Children as young as five sing in harmony quite naturally so we shall enjoy hearing them. Apart from which I worked as a radiogrpaher in the Soweto (Baragwanath ) Hospital when I was young as a radiographer so I shall enjoy it enormously.

With much affection

hirisitane and Keith.
Ar80

We have just returned. Keith was very thrilled because he saw that Pink Floyd was coming so we have bought two tickets and Keith can go with a friend. !! I certainly have no wish to go. !!It is standing room only.!! In wheelchair. No thanks. !!

so that was a job well done. and now they are going to send us the circulars about what is on~So that is all thanks to my brother. !!

AR80

Tuesday 29th September 2009 16.55 BST


Fascinating story of a couple who still love one another.

Post 5

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned


Dear Christiane,

I know it wasn't a criticism of the Entry. It was just another fascinating observation on life that you have such a talent for bringing to our attention smiley - hug

I agree about the singers, they have beautiful voices. I'm glad you and K enjoyed yourselves - Oh! I don't think I could stand for Pink Ffloyd either! smiley - laugh

love,

lil xxx


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more