A Conversation for St Andrews, Fife, Scotland

Scottish Country Dancing

Post 1

EdieKatz

One thing you failed to mention in your otherwise very informative entry about a lovely little town is the fact that the town is invaded for four weeks every summer by hundreds of Scottish Country Dancers from around the world. They come to attend the Summer School organised by the Royal Scottish Country Dance Society, and it's probably one of the few chances the normal bod in the street will ever get to see a Japanese man in a kilt (some Scots I know would say this is an offence calling for the death penalty, but personally, I think it's rather cute) - you certainly get to see more kilts wandering the streets than you do anywhere else in Scotland outside of the Highland Games. And it's great fun - I've been three times. And St Andrews really is a lovely little place.


Scottish Country Dancing

Post 2

Orcus

Sorry, I'm afraid I didn't know about that but I seem to recall the sight of Japanese and the like in kilts so now I know why smiley - smiley


Scottish Country Dancing

Post 3

Post Team

Resurrecting an ancient thread here (and I don't mean my kilt....), but I'm off to the RSCDS summer school for the first time this year!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more