A Conversation for Waltham Abbey, Essex, UK

The Truth About Waltham Abbey

Post 1

Rt. Rev. Lesley Gentle

A very interesting read about Waltham Abbey, but you don't mention the marauding gangs of cross-eyed hackett/burberry wearing thugs that hang around showing off their tattoed arms (which resemble blocks of stilton), spitting, swearing, fighting and generally making darned nuisances of themselves. And that's just the old ladies. Seriously, it is a town populated (to a large degree) by nasty townies, although there are exceptions.

For similar a similar place see Borehamwood.

smiley - sorrysmiley - thief


The Truth About Waltham Abbey

Post 2

Sue

Ah-ha!

You've been trying to get the the fruit and veg stall (and/or post office) on a Tuesday morning haven't you? It's handbags at 10 paces with those little old ladies, they're lethal.

And that just the ones that are pedestrians. smiley - run

Honestly though it's not much different in that way from any of the other towns around there - Waltham Cross, Cheshunt, Enfield Wash, all pretty much the same nowdays. smiley - sheep The Abbey just has the upside of being a bit more picturesque and interesting (away from the ever increasing housing estates) than the likes of the Cross.

oh hum smiley - erm


Key: Complain about this post

The Truth About Waltham Abbey

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more