A Conversation for The Film that Moved You Most and Why

The Best Movies of All Time

Post 41

Wowbagger

Princess Mononoke - One of the best animated films ever. smiley - smiley


The Best Movies of All Time

Post 42

Researcher 33337

I actually thought Trainspotting was dull, and generally way overrated. the drugs thing, bit of a mixed message, stop the tape halfway though and tehy're cool fun kids who live by tehir own rules. Irvine welsh is a way overrated author with very littel real talent. Thats housl spark some arguments but what can I say, I don't lkie his stuff.

Evil Dead films are very very good.


The Best Movies of All Time

Post 43

james

help!


The Best Movies of All Time

Post 44

Wowbagger

Is that a movie choice or a plea for sanity? smiley - winkeye


sailing on a sea of wholes

Post 45

james

we need a yellow submarine smilely smiley - bigeyes


sailing on a sea of wholes

Post 46

Sick Bob. (Most recent incarnation of the Dark Lord Cyclops. Still lord and master of the Anti Squirrel League and Keeper of c

Shouldn't it be holes?
I misread that as whores at first... that would be very intriguing. I'd just like to add Se7en and Leon, two very intelligent and stylish thrillers with great (if upsetting) endings.


sailing on a sea of wholes

Post 47

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

Trainspotting is better as a book!


sailing on a sea of wholes

Post 48

Researcher 33337

Couldn't have been much worse.


sailing on a sea of wholes

Post 49

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

smiley - laugh Ok you winsmiley - smiley


sailing on a sea of wholes

Post 50

Sick Bob. (Most recent incarnation of the Dark Lord Cyclops. Still lord and master of the Anti Squirrel League and Keeper of c

I thought that Trainspotting was quite inventive. I don't think that it was one of the best films of all time or anything and it shouldn't be on this list but it still displays some quality of filmaking (particularly the hallucenogenic "drying out" scene.) and the acting was quite good all round.


sailing on a sea of wholes

Post 51

Line Walker - Keeper Of Negativity

The original Evil Dead film was good, but the others were complete pish.


sailing on a sea of wholes

Post 52

Researcher 33337

No way. the first is teh weakest. The second is fantastic (Particularly with the tooling up "groovy" scene) and teh third is just all round great. The first is just a standard "Teens go into teh mountains and bad stuff happens" The otehrs are Masterys of slapstick and great fun.


sailing on a sea of wholes

Post 53

Line Walker - Keeper Of Negativity

What? The first was a classic, no budget horror film. The second tried to parody the first and ended up in the realms of naff 'comedy', while the third turned out to be the celluloid equivalent of finding blood on your toilet paper.

If I wanted to watch something funny, it should say 'comedy' on the video sleeve, not 'horror'.


sailing on a sea of wholes

Post 54

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

It's a bit lik ethe Godfather Triology...1 & 2 are good 3 isn't as goodsmiley - erm


sailing on a sea of wholes

Post 55

Merangadan

Evil dead I, your usual cult budget shock horror though a good one.
Evil Dead II & III, Absolutly original, Funny classics, easily my two favourite snakes of all time!

I think its a wee bit out of order to state (in what i'm sure is your infinite wisdom) that a film is "pish" for no reason after someone says its one of their fav's.

Merangadan smiley - smiley


sailing on a sea of wholes

Post 56

Merangadan

"snakes"????? dont know where that came from, try "movies" instead.

Merangadan smiley - biggrin


sailing on a sea of wholes

Post 57

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

snakessmiley - erm


sailing on a sea of wholes

Post 58

Line Walker - Keeper Of Negativity

To reiterate; Evil Dead 2 (in *my* opinion) was basically a comedy remake of the original, and didn't work at all as a horror film. Evil Dead 3 did nothing for me either. There should never have been a series. Mr Raimi should've left it alone after the original.

Why is it 'out of order' to disagree with someones film choice? ED 2 & 3 will remain on my 'pish' list for all time, because that's what I think of them. I'm sure I've got plenty of titles others wouldn't like, but then that's down to them. Glad you enjoyed them. I didn't. Let's agree to differ. Unless you wish to suppress....???

Don't work for the Beeb, do you? smiley - winkeye


sailing on a sea of wholes

Post 59

Merangadan

Its not out of order to disagree, debate, argue with someone about their choice of favourate. But to say, "its pish" is out of order, fair enough if its "I think its pish" though still a bit abrasive but "its pish" is just insulting someones choice and so insulting that person themself.

I forgot to say that "Leon" was probably my fav even over any of the "Evil dead" films.

Merangadan smiley - biggrin


sailing on a sea of wholes

Post 60

Sick Bob. (Most recent incarnation of the Dark Lord Cyclops. Still lord and master of the Anti Squirrel League and Keeper of c

Good choice.

"This is from Matilda..."


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more