It's All in the Mind

0 Conversations

The Stretcher blob, as designed by Malabarista

Do you know your iPlayer from your iPod? How about knowing WII from that of a bodily function? I must admit that when it comes to technology I'm probably better off hailing a Tardis and travelling back to live in the stone age, than living in the 21st Century where we seem to be obsessed by the latest, new technological advancement.

OK, so there is one thing that I do get, that of h2g2 and the internet, so if I were ever able to go back in time I'd take that with me – fully functional, of course, with regular updates from everyone, and a fortnightly subscription to The Post.

So now that you know my stance on all things technology has to offer, picture this scene: a meet in spring time in 2009 in London, where one researcher tells me that the signposts that have newly come out can not only tell you about where you are and point you in the direction of local landmarks, but are also linked to the internet.

At this point my mind raced with thoughts of how you could listen to it, as if you were using one of those hand-held devices at the museums. The signpost would tell you how to get to a local landmark, tales surrounding the place, and even the h2g2 AViators could one day be used on such signposts.

The Stretcher Archive

Opticalillusion

23.08.10 Front Page

23.07.09 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A54539319

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more