A Conversation for Minox Spy Cameras

Fantastic.

Post 1

Ji - The road to hell is paved with good intentions. The road to Stevenage is paved with a pitch based tarmac compound.

What a fantastic entry. I worked in a camera shop for a while and was privileged enough for the owner to let me see his "Classic Collection". There were a couple of Minox's, a Rollei and at least 2 other sub mini's (as well as an early pristine Olympus OM10 - my fave camera). Sadly I didn't know enough about the industry at the time and have no idea what the models were. But this entry bought back some very happy memories for me. Thanks Ben.


Fantastic.

Post 2

a girl called Ben

I am glad you like it.

I was in Copenhagen the other day, (as you do smiley - winkeye) and saw some sub-miniature Leicas; tiny little replica Leicas which used the 11mm Minox films.

The only thing which is a pain - and it is a COMPLETE pain - is that it is almost impossible to get the film developed in the UK. I had a choice of about three shops which developed Minox films when I lived in Hamburg (proper little Globe-trotter, me, I have even spent 6 months in Stevenage! smiley - winkeye)

Thanks for taking the time to say you liked the entry.

Ben


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more