A Conversation for Choosing a Supermarket Checkout

Please be patient!

Post 1

PonderingStudent

I had the joy of working at a supermarket checkout for a year or two while I did A-levels. Believe me, its no more fun for the member of staff than for the shopper! And yes, I know we get paid - all of £5 an hour.

You wouldn't believe how rude some shoppers were, especially when there were delays. It's not my fault if my queue is 15 deep - it's the manager's for not employing enough staff that day - and I'm working as fast as I can to get you through. I was reduced to tears on more than one occaision by customer who were rude when I'd been working flat out for 7hrs already.

One particularly hellish experience was one christmas eve. The supermarket was hence packed and every checkout was in use. I happened to be put on a checkout whose conveyor belt was broken. There was nothing I could do about it and I was as annoyed as any of my customers. Despite this the rudeness and impatience was incredible.

So, spare a thought for the poor checkout assistant. Be polite and bear in mind that they don't want to be in the supermarket any mpore than you do!


Key: Complain about this post

Please be patient!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more