A Conversation for Judge Dredd - Lawman of the Future

Walter the Wobot

Post 1

Snaggletooth

Congratulations on your encyclopaedic knowledge of Judge Dredd, obviously you've been reading 2000AD from the start, like myself.

Just one point, about Walter.

Walter originally appears in the early Dredd epic concerning the war with the robots (the title of which temporarily escapes me), when Call-me-Kenneth incites almost all robots in Mega City One to rebel.

Walter is one of the few (possibly the *only*) robots not to join the rebellion and is found hiding in the basement of the Hall of Justice, where fear of reprisal from the humans gives him his speech impediment. Walter helps Dredd to penetrate the robot's HQ and defeat the rebellion.

Once the war is over, he imposes his services on Dredd, much to the annoyance of Dredd himself and Dredd's housekeeper, Maria.


Walter the Wobot

Post 2

NexusSeven

To be honest, I was a non-scrot until 1987... smiley - bigeyes I did inherit one of my dad's mates' collection of back issues, though, the earliest of which was (IIRC) prog no. 86.

You're totally right about Walter, but I wanted this to be more of a guide for the non-scrot rather than the hardcore Squaxx Dek Thargo, and so skimped on the detail a little.

Glad you enjoyed the entry! smiley - smiley


Walter the Wobot

Post 3

Snaggletooth

Furry snuff.

I just thought I'd fill in the background. Unfortunately, it's made me realise what a total geek I have become regarding 2000AD. I'll get me coat...


Walter the Wobot

Post 4

Langly

Nice article. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes though, when The Mighty Tharg finds out you've accused him of talking "gibberish 'alien speak'"!


Walter the Wobot

Post 5

NexusSeven

smiley - yikes

Rigellian Hotshots coming my way, methinks! smiley - bruised

Glad you liked it! smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more