A Conversation for The Annoyances of Scrabble

Sabotage?

Post 1

Is mise Duncan

What I really need to know is how you sabotage a game of scrabble if it isn't going well without it being obvious that you are doing so?

Good ones are to accidentally knock your tile carrier over, to leave the room to go to the loo and come back convinced that another player has cheated in some way and refuse to go on...etc.


Sabotage?

Post 2

Orcus

Depends if you want to win or not I suppose. A good way would be to simply play your opponent on to every available double letter or word score in sight saying "Sigh, its the only word I can play". The game should end swiftly as they rack up a high score and get very pleased.

Not sure how subtle this is mind. smiley - erm


Sabotage?

Post 3

The Admiral

I would recommend setting up the scrabble game on a table with a dodgy leg, that way If your game effort took a turn for the worse, you could secretly knock the table leg away and send the scrabble board and all it's tiles to the floor.

Hope that helps 8)

P.S. I do not accept any responsibility for broken legs resulting from the usage of this method.


Sabotage?

Post 4

Diamond Dog

The only problem with that method is if you're playing with someone sad enough to record the entire game on a sheet of graph paper...

Diamond Dog


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more