The House of Yes

0 Conversations

Denial, Mental Illness, Murder, Incest, Thanksgiving. No, it's not Thanksgiving with the Manson family. Instead, Mark Waters (sorry, not John Waters) brings us a tale of a Washington, DC, socialite family the Pascals, that has more problems than a guest on Jerry Springer.

Jackie O (Parker Posey) is obsessed with the death of JFK, coinciding with the disappearance of her father on the very day. After being admitted to a 'hospital', Jackie returns home, sheltered by her mother (Genevieve Bujold) and brother (Freddie Prinze Jr.). When Thanksgiving arrives, Jackie's twin, Marty (Josh Hamilton) arrives home, with a surprise: a fiancée (Tori Spelling). Hiding the knives, and making sure Jackie has taken her medication, her mother hopes for the best and tries to get rid of the fiancée, in an attempt not to 'upset' Jackie. A sordid affair follows, eeping out a past of carnal details, a movie that is not for the weak of heart (or the opinionated).

Parker Posey heads the cast wonderfully in a role that won her the title of India Queen (several of her movies won big in 1997 at the Sundance Film Festival). Playing an obsessed Jackie O' wannabe seems right up her alley, and she literally steals this movie from a wonderful ensemble (who would have ever thought it- Tori Spelling and wonderful in the same sentence? Almost blasphemy!).

The movie, based on a play by Wendy MacLoed, brings a unique story to the screen that is definitely worth watching... maybe at your next family reunion?


Sporkulious Eglon


10.04.00. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A504857

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more