Bring Back Dangermouse

1 Conversation

He's The Best

He's The Greatest

He's The Greatest Secret Agent In The World!

He's The Ace - He's Amazing...

He's the Strongest... He's The Quickest.... He's The Best!

Dangermouse! Dangermouse!! Dangermouse!!!

It all started innocently with the call for entries on Superheroes. Several researchers had posted before a one-eyed mouse and his able sidekick 'Penfold' captured the imagination and, before you could say shush Penfold, a campaign had started here at h2g2 to 'Bring Back Dangermouse'. Mike A even went so far as to set up a campaign page to bring back DM. By late on Friday evening, 19 researchers, from both sides of the Atlantic, had signed up for the crusade for further info, if not episodes of 'Cosgrove Hall's' greatest production.

For any one still in the dark, 'Dangermouse' is a British all action hero who lives and operates from a red pillar box in Mayfair London, jumping quickly into his really cool car whenever 'Colonel K' (a Walrus) calls for action. Penfold is a somewhat blind Mole who assists DM on his missions to save the world from the villainous Baron Greenback... who is constantly stroking his pet caterpillar Nero. (Comparisons have been drawn with a certain Baron Ernst Stavro Blofeld and his pet cat, but Cosgrove Hall were not available for comment). Greenback's somewhat calamitous assistants include Stilletto, his right hand crow, and a certain Duck who wants his own series (a dream finally fulfilled) called Count Duckula.

So why has this got our researchers so excited? Well Fairly Strange has the following recommendation for parents everywhere:
'Oh, crickey, DM!!! Wot are we to do now!? LOVE DM! Haven't seen it in *years* here in the US. Raised my son on that cartoon!'.

Mike A says:
'Methinks I'll be pouring over the TV guides now, in paranoid fear of possibly missing a repeat!'

I feel sorry for Dinsdale Piranha:
'I did have it on tape but my son's too cool for DM these days, so it got wiped... I wasn't happy'.

Even Dr. E. Vibenstein is in on it:
'I once entered a school fancy dress competition as Dangermouse... and lost'.

Maybe he forgot the eyepatch!

All this activity, however, is a good indication of the community getting together for these 'Call for Entries', focusing so many researchers onto one subject is certainly starting to pay off, as from small acorn grow mighty oaks. So everybody keep up the good work, and, when you see a call for entries you know something about, pop on over... you never know where it may lead.


Demon Drawer


20.03.00. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A504073

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more