A Conversation for Ethics

Preamble to ethics

Post 1

AndOr

I thought that the preamble went something like this...A long time ago people didn't worry about ethics. At least not until dinner time. Then there was a long debate about whether or not it was right to eat your neighbour now or wait until after he had helped you kill the mastadon roving through your front yard. Fire changed all of this. You see, before fire was discovered, there was nothing to do after supper except to retire to your pile of furs and straw in your corner of the cave. After the discovery of fire, you wanted your neighbour to be around after the kill so that you could boast about your exploits while warming yourself at the fire and watching the sparks fly from the burning bits of fat and bone. Fire was the first home entertainment system.


Preamble to ethics

Post 2

AndOr

Actually, I'm just noting that due to the change with the H2G2 I'm now AndOr with another research number.

AndOr


Preamble to ethics

Post 3

Martin Harper

I love the idea... though I suspect that dinosaurs and such were enough entertainment anyhow... smiley - winkeye


Preamble to ethics

Post 4

Catharty

I guess I missed reading yours. - I'm not all there / here, and/or..

; - |


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more