A Conversation for The New Organic: Eating Locally

Great Article

Post 1

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Thank you for this relevant, well researched and thought provoking article. The topic is very close to my heart and I think it is a great idea to bring this conversation to a wider audience.

My own perspective? I used to 'grow my own' but life etc has intervened and I am no longer able. So wherever possible I look at the labels and try local stuff. This doesn't stop me buying Colombian coffee smiley - biggrin And I believe that Fairtrade produce (do you have that in the States?) is a good thing.

thanks again

smiley - ta Lanzababy


Great Article

Post 2

frenchbean

Hi Ian, I'm in New Zealand and yes we do have Fair Trade here smiley - smiley I have a rule of thumb - eat home-grown, eat organic and local, eat local, eat organic, eat non-organic but 'ethical'. If I can't get any of those, I go without smiley - laugh It takes a wee bit of getting used to, but it's not too hard.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more