A Conversation for The European Convention on Human Rights

The human rights and the "clash of civilisations"

Post 1

Kirilova

I feel concerned about the new so called antiterrotist legislation coming in Breat Britain and other west states.These steps constitute a serious distorting of the liberty of speech and the most fundamental human rights. This range of unprecedented restrictions stems out of the bankrupted myth of the "clash of the civilisations". And the formulations are so vague that any critical point of vew could be considered tantamount to "anti-state security" propaganda. For instance, if I consider that the "war on terror", or the war on Iraq, or the war on Islam, or the war for oil, no matter the terminology used, is only a mask of the economic and political collapse of the anarcho-capitalist establishment, should I be indicted for"fomenting, justifying or glorifying terrorisme, or violence"? More, if I have objections against the next war on Iran,are they "fostering hatred"?
At least, now I realised why the reality fiction of Orwell like "Animal farm" and "1984" appeared in Great Britain. When the fiction becomes reality in a western style, it means that if the west regime doesn't carry out the urgent economic reforms now, the west will fall down worse than the "empire of evil". No "clashes of civilisation" may prevent it.


Key: Complain about this post

The human rights and the "clash of civilisations"

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more