From Our Spy

0 Conversations

The best way to find out something is to ask!

Me: I'm here to Spy on you... So, wanna' save me the effort and just tell me what's up over at h2g2 Towers?

Peta: I'm here.

What's up at h2g2 towers?

In terms of what is happening at the mo'? Okay. Well... Christmas and the millennium celebrations are fast approaching, so we are currently sorting out all sorts of things to celebrate the festivities at h2g2.

What exactly?

You'll have to wait and see. I am arranging a few things for the 'get together' meeting in London next Saturday, which I am looking forward to attending. I have also been helping out the POST researchers with information for the launch of the h2g2 newspaper. I look forward to reading the first edition on Monday morning.

Mark has been doing a fair bit of writing, which I know he has really enjoyed doing. He has so little time to write nowadays. He has, as usual, been dragged away to a fair number of meetings planning and structuring new site features.

Anna has been working with the Sub-editors and has been doing a great job at getting through lots of the submitted entries. She works extremely hard. So hats off to her.

The art team are always kept really busy. They have taken on several extra projects lately and have done a terrific job of them.

The team writing the new "Hitchhiker's" game have been hiring new C++ people to work on the project. They have been settling in. TDV has a really good 'mentoring' system in place, so if, for instance, you forget someone's name you have a 'friend' to ask. We have a lovely boss, and he tries very hard to make TDV a nice place to work. It all works very well, which shows what a good boss he is. And I hope he doesn't read this!

TDV have hired a couple of new technical people to work on h2g2. Anything that eases the workload of Jim and Sean has to be good.

We have finally taken over the whole building in order to cope with the expansion, so desks are being moved around, and new network sockets installed. We have a wonderful support guy, called Neil, who is in charge of this. He has been lugging desks and bookshelves around all weekend. So again... thanks Neil.

Yoz has gone to work in the USA - but is still doing work for us and will no doubt, be back at some point. Mark and the editorial team have inherited his speakers, so the h2g2 editorial room rocks, even more than usual.

Coming Next Week... Is Mark a Soft Drink?... and other tales from the Towers.


Sporkulious Eglon


06.12.99. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A467372

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more