A Conversation for Baseball-Related Injuries

Obscure Injuries

Post 1

Mr. Christopher, enjoying the Magicians Guild game where he is called Polonius Franc, Elder Healer and local merchant

There is a story I'm going to do some research on that I recall reading in the peper one time. A little leaguer was horribly stung by wasps while playing a game. The little guy refused to stop, even though the wasps were trapped in his trousers and stung him repeatedly.


Obscure Injuries

Post 2

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

This is my favourite obscure injury (hope the link works)

http://seasilver.threadnet.com/Preventorium/toxicbra.htm

smiley - biggrin


Obscure Injuries

Post 3

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

smiley - doh That link didn't seem to work. This is the gist of it.

Bras: The Hidden Dangers
Undressing a woman is risky business according to a British study. Men have such a poor understanding of the mechanics of feminine undergarments that many risk injuring themselves while trying to remove a brassiere, says a new study. The British Journal of Plastic Surgery cites the case of a 27 year-old man who, "at the culmination of a convivial and alcoholic evening with an attractive female companion," twisted his left middle finger in a bra strap. So severe was the injury that the man went to the emergency room, where it was discovered that he had sustained a fractured finger and ligament damage. "This is the type of thing more commonly associated with sport, particularly rock climbing," plastic surgeon Andrew Fleming of London's St. George's Hospital reports. Surveys show that 40 percent of men in their 30s and 40s are equally uncoordinated when grappling with clasps and hooks, and risk similar injiries. Researchers recommend that men take lingerie-removing lessons to prevent accidents.

(There is a pompous medical name smiley - laugh for this sort of injury which, unfortunately, I can' recall. I believe it was in the link above, which won't work)

Sticking with the Brits, two women were killed in London when a bolt of lightning hit the metal underwiring in their bras. (The article didn't note whether that was the same bolt of lightning or not.) On a serious note, there is a link between bra-wearing and breast cancer. A study in 1991 showed that women who never wore a bra had half the risk of breast cancer compared to those who did.

smiley - biggrin


Obscure Injuries

Post 4

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

I was also trying to find a reference to letters in either the British Medical Journal or The Lancet,which had examples of injuries incurred by vacuum cleaners during masturbation. The descriptions given (including the cvictim's excuses for how it happened) were highly amusing. However, this is the best I can do:

http://www.masturbationhorror.com/vacuum.shtml


Obscure Injuries

Post 5

Ku'Reshtin (Bring the beat back!)

Radioactive, if you have a quick look at the article this conversation is related to, the "Obscure injuries" bit is for obscure injuries related to Baseball, not just regular everyday life.

Maybe the obscure injuries you're referring to should warrant another thread?


Obscure Injuries

Post 6

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

I noticed that after I'd posted.(Not quite sure to what extent the injuries I cited relate to 'everyday life' though. smiley - laugh


Obscure Injuries

Post 7

Ku'Reshtin (Bring the beat back!)

Yeah, I noticed that about the "everyday life" just after I posted that..smiley - smiley Oh well..


Key: Complain about this post