A Conversation for Essential Items to Take on Holiday

Travellers Cheques

Post 1

Pheroneous

Once upon a time I went to California with the family, and we took a load of Amex travellers Cheques. My daughter, fairly small at the time, was fussing that I had not written down all the numbers as instructed. I dont usually do that sort of thing. Anyway, as a task on the plane, I got her to write down all the numbers. Two days after we arrived the inevitable happened, I lost my wallet with all the cheques, cards and everything, a substantial sum. My daughter had delighted in following the instructions to the letter and kept the list separate from the cheques. We were able, the same afternoon, to report he loss to Amex, and had new cheques for the full amount, plus cards, without the slightest argument and plenty of courtesy, early the next morning. The morals of this story are (1) Do as you are told and (2) Trust the kids.


Key: Complain about this post

Travellers Cheques

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more