A Conversation for The Human League - the Band

Dont you want me baby?

Post 1

Livzy

..dont you want me -oh-ho-ho-ho


Thanks for brightening up my tuesday morning with a poptabulous trip back to my youth!

Dr E - we salute you !!


Dont you want me baby?

Post 2

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

Thank you Livzy! *raises hat*
Would it be fair to say you're a bit of an '80s fan then? smiley - smiley


Dont you want me baby?

Post 3

Livzy

No choice I'm afraid !!
Teenage years and all that

I'm fairly partial to the 60's, 70's, 90's and todays stuff too though !

Any excuse to "strut me stuff" after a few beers !!


Dont you want me baby?

Post 4

tallullah

C'mon guys. Ok the League were great, but after the Oakey half went all poppy some really interesting things were happening with Marsh and Ware.

They formed a 'company' called the British Electronic Foundation 'BEF' and produced a boxed set of singles of cover versions which included guest vocalists such as Paula Yates singing 'These Boots Are Made For Walking', the then out of fashion Gary Glitter doing a cover of 'Suspcious Minds', the late great Billy Mckenzie of the Associates singing 'The Secret Life of Arabia'and the almost forgotten Tina Turner doing 'Ball of Confusion'.

This was sadly the start Tina Turner's comeback, something that BEF should never be forgiven for.

As a band, Marsh & Ware, together with vocalist Glenn Gregory put out the sublime 'Penthouse & Pavement' and a number of singles, the best known being 'Temptation'.

They were also on the Live Aid single 'Do They Know It's Christmas?'

They never had the commercial success of the League but technically and creatively they were far more exciting and their abilities in the production of electronic music lasted longer than the League's fleeting fame. They were some of the true originators of todays dance music.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more