A Conversation for Fractals - Beautiful Mathematics

Ouch

Post 1

Pheroneous

I thought I was following the first bit, but then....

To confront your own ignorance, to realise your brain's inacapacity to comprehend is very painful. Ouch!


Removed

Post 2

Phil

This post has been removed.


Ouch

Post 3

Pheroneous

No, Phil. Please don't explain. Please.

I can live with the acceptance that there is stuff out there that I will never know or understand.


Ouch

Post 4

Phil

Ok I won't explain that all you do is something and then do it again and again and again to the answer you got the previous time you did it.
If you don't want to understand then fair enough smiley - sadface


Ouch

Post 5

Pheroneous

Oh, alright, I admit it. I did understand that bit, in fact I thought I was doing quite well all through the first three paragraphs, then it got hard. Very hard!


Ouch

Post 6

Phil

To understand most of it is good. Very good, it's a very abstract concept.


Ouch

Post 7

Sad, Mad or Bad? - I always wanted to be a dino, but alas, I'm just old.

What got me is how something can be not 1-D, 2-D or 3-D but, say 1.25-D. Of course, I've always had trouble understanding the fourth and fifth dimension (so you know, if anyone out there knows the answer to THAT I'd be much obliged).


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more