A Conversation for How to Get Rid of Red Wine Stains

Shame!

Post 1

Prez HS (All seems relatively quiet here)

On you, oh researcher!
First you discuss spilling red wine on the lowly floor instead of drinking it, which is a crime in itself but let's suppose that was an accident; you go on suggesting we deliberately pour even more wine in places other than our mouths!

The horror!
Blasphemy!
The horror! smiley - smiley


Shame!

Post 2

Musencus II (Muse of Dilettantism in Multiple Arts)

Man, I applaud wholeheartedly! What are some stains compared to the blessings we derive from actually drinking the white wine the author so mindlessly advises us to spill?
What a sentence.
Anyway. Be proud of your stains, I say, they distinguish you from this ignorant bunch of beer-drinkers. Cheers.smiley - smiley


Shame!

Post 3

Richard

But if its someone else's carpet, someone you love ...

I think, no I know, this is excellent advice which works.

I've had to open a bottle of white wine, as suggested, on a number of occasions and it works.


Shame!

Post 4

BuskingBob

I have found that it is better to use tissues, kitchen roll etc and try to absorb the spill, rather than rubbing it, which seems to make it worse. If you put the tissues down then press hard on them, and use a cleanish bit each time, it seems to pick up the spill OK.

It's all a bit academic for me however - years ago I decided to only buy carpetting that wouldn't show the occasional wine stain!

smiley - smiley


Shame!

Post 5

Prez HS (All seems relatively quiet here)

We have a Dutch word for it, called 'deppen'. It's not rubbing, it's like patting and pressing hard... oo... smiley - bigeyes


Shame!

Post 6

Witty Moniker

That would be 'blotting' here in the US. Pour seltzer on the stain to dilute it, then blot with paper towels. Save the white wine for drinking, please!


Shame!

Post 7

Aurora (Muse au Chocolat; Muse of Fancy Footwear and Seraph of High Heels)

The german word would be "tupfen".

Funnily the word "Deppen" in german means "idiots"... . smiley - biggrin

BTW: I'd rather live with stains on the carpet, than using more wine to get rid of them!!!!!


Shame!

Post 8

Prez HS (All seems relatively quiet here)

hear hear!

*murmurs in concurrance from the Backbenchers*


Key: Complain about this post