A Conversation for Dunedin, New Zealand

Octavius Harwood

Post 1

Dan

Nice article. But could you just explain the meaning of:

"Octavius Harwood who was a genius bed-hopper"

Does this mean that he was:

a) a genius who liked bed-hopping, or
b) that he hopped in to bed with a lot of geniuses (genii), or
c) that he was very good at bed-hopping - genius level in fact.

Just be interested to have that clarified. Many thanks. -Dan-


Octavius Harwood

Post 2

justus jonas

Octavius Harwood / bed-hopping -> hopping mad...

perhaps someone can make up a joke including these ideomatic expressions, and this name.

But mainly, i wanted to ask if there is somebody here, who knows a certain girl, who probably lives in Dunedin. I totaly lost contact 3 Yars ago and I would like to know, what she is doing now (send her an email etc). Her name is Kali, she studied in Christchurch and she must be about 25 now.
Yes I am aware that this would be a great coincidence if, but anyway, just wondered if she's fine while readig the article.

hejdå jj


Octavius Harwood

Post 3

Nel Blu

Octavius Harwood deserves the utmost respect, he was a very well known pioneer in Otago, paving the way for future dwellers on the Peninsula. The reason why I put he was a 'genius bed-hopper' was in fact answer c). His first wife was a Maori woman (who died of typhoid), his second love affair was with a Maori housemaid (whom then had twins) and his second marriage was to a very young Scottish girl who had come to New Zealand with her family.
That was alot for nineteenth century Otago!


Octavius Harwood

Post 4

diamondRonni

Hi,
Octavius Harwood was my great great Grandfather. Do you have any more info on him please?
Really appreciate it.
Regards
Rhonda smiley - biggrin


Octavius Harwood

Post 5

LSingle

Hi Ronda, I am also a decendant of Octavius. My mum has information regarding Octavius and the Dundedin Early settlers museum has information. What do you want to know?


Octavius Harwood

Post 6

Kathy

I think one of Octavious Harwoods female companions was a lady named Katarina Leahey. They had 3 children. Would you have any record of that? Any help would be much appreciated. I don't know for sure if Katarina was a Leahey at that time as that was her maiden name.

Thanks for all the help.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more