A Conversation for The Gunpowder Plot

Now, I'm confused.

Post 1

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Are these bonfires supposed to commemorate Fawkes for his heroism; or condemn him for his treason?

smiley - pirate


Now, I'm confused.

Post 2

KB

The bonfires are to celebrate Fawkes being captured and executed and the plot coming to nothing.


Now, I'm confused.

Post 3

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

I see.......

Why then does V choose /that/ holiday to commemorate in V for Vendetta? Certainly it's appropriate, but given that the modern holiday has the exact /opposite/ purpose, wouldn't it make more sense to pick something else?

The 4th of July, for example? smiley - winkeye

smiley - pirate


Now, I'm confused.

Post 4

KB

Well, he's basically doing his own Gunpowder Plot to blow up parliament, isn't he? Why not the anniversary of the other one? Hence also the general Guy Fawkes appearance.


Now, I'm confused.

Post 5

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

No reason. It's just that, what with the modern audience associating it with a different meaning, it seems like an odd choice on the filmmakers'/author's part.

smiley - pirate


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more