A Conversation for Driving Etiquette - Portugal

Driving in Portugal by a portuguese Driver

Post 1

Researcher 197837

I´ve read every comment abount driving in portugal and unfortunatly in most cases they are all correct.

The most important thing for those that ae thinking of visiting portugal is:

- DO NOT DRIVE IN THE LEFT LANE except if you drive fast and if some other car is coming please get out. (ALWAYS Follow this rule).

- DO NOT EXPECT THE OTHER DRIVERS TO GIVE YOU PASSAGE. - Slowly advance until the other car is forced to let you pass (DO IT VERY SLOW AND BE SURE THAT THE DRIVER SEES YOU)

- DO NOT DRIVE IN RUCH HOURS.

- AN ADVICE - Do not forguet to thank other drivers, a wave is enough, when they let you pass. And MOST IMPORTANTE there are some drivers that are stressed , IF YOU RECEIVE THE FINGER DO NOT RESPOND Just pretend that is nothing with you.


I´ve drove in a lot of cities in Europe, maybe some like Austria is very different but is most cases we are just like everyone.
And Dont let this stop you from visiting Portugal. We are not all bad Drivers.

JJ


Key: Complain about this post

Driving in Portugal by a portuguese Driver

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more