World Headlines 07.08.00

0 Conversations

Serb army arrests Britons for terrorism

The Foreign Office last night was urgently seeking information from the Yugoslav authorities over the arrest of two British police officers accused of being armed with military equipment to train pro-western forces in Montenegro.

  • If they are spies, then is the British government likely to admit to it?
  • If Yugoslavia is so bad, why did NATO not finish the job?

Bush vows to lead new US

George W Bush stepped out of the shadow of his famous father and staked his own claim to the White House last night, using his presidential nomination acceptance speech at the Republican party convention in Philadelphia to cast himself as America's national healer after the turbulent Clinton years.

  • Like father, like son?
  • Is it not scary how nice the right wing can be when they want to be in power?

Mugabe talks tough as war veterans expel farm family

Just hours after they were driven weeping from their farm yesterday, the Parks family were trying to work out how it had gone so wrong so quickly.

  • Victims of Robert Mugabe's threat to grab even more white-owned land?
  • Set up by a former worker bitter at his dismissal?

Sri Lankan reforms 'will end bloodshed'

The Sri Lankan president, Chandrika Kumaratunga, announced plans yesterday for a new constitution offering, she said,the best hope of ending the civil war which has claimed 60,000 lives in 17 years.


OB1 Knordic


07.08.00. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A408520

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more