A Conversation for Doctor Who Enemies: Daleks

The Borg and the Daleks

Post 21

docsharp

I agree with you're summising that imposing your own maralies is a problem, however isn't telling people that "imposing your own molity",
i.e. ask don't tell. Let'em work it out for themselves?

I wasn't pointing, loads of people seem to want to point a finger at religion for it's bigotry. Isn't that just more bigotry? Just think about it, no offence intended.

Alchemy didn't exist until the Renaisance, says who? I don't agree but of course I wasn't there so can't tell you for a fact. General news of it didn't exist until the renaisance I will agree with, but it was a secret art, wasn't it.

Oh and Hows about the Borg and the Absorbolof?


The Borg and the Daleks

Post 22

docsharp

Oops there seems to be some kinda problem with my keyboard!


The Borg and the Daleks

Post 23

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

~*~I wasn't pointing, loads of people seem to want to point a finger at religion for it's bigotry. Isn't that just more bigotry?~*~

Depends how much you harp on about it; there's a difference between acknowledging a historical fact and harping.

Religion can also serve a useful purpose too.

~*~Alchemy didn't exist until the Renaissance, says who?~*~

Written history. It's hypothetically possible it existed earlier, after all, the Dark Ages aren't known for their meticulous documentation, but you might remember that they're also not known for their scientific advancement (or any advancement for that matter); remember, Alchemy was just a precursor to Chemistry.

~*~Oh and Hows about the Borg and the Absorbolof?~*~

The who now?

smiley - pirate


The Borg and the Daleks

Post 24

docsharp

Loads of Harps in Heaven, people just don't get bothered about 'em. I suppose it's a relative thing are they harps or harpies?


The Borg and the Daleks

Post 25

docsharp

Just thought that I'd best clarify,

I have got a lot of respect for the Native Americans, however they even complain about being called Indians nowadays and we have to be PC.

The Aboriginies don't mind being called Abo's though.

Thinking about it has solved a bit of a riddle from Peter Pan for me?

What makes the red man red? Calling him a red skin. It's about Pride?

But Pride is good, after all where's a warrior without it? My nan always used to say "sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me", but not if your too proud of what people call you.

I guess both pride and religion have their place?


The Borg and the Daleks

Post 26

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Everything can be taken to an extreme.

~*~I have got a lot of respect for the Native Americans, however they even complain about being called Indians nowadays and we have to be PC.~*~

Well, technically, they're not from India. But "politically correct" is being taken way too far these days.

~*~Thinking about it has solved a bit of a riddle from Peter Pan for me? What makes the red man red? Calling him a red skin.~*~

No, no, no. It's 'cause they spent so much time blushing over women.

They don't actually have red skin at all though, so I don't know where the phrase came from.

smiley - pirate


The Borg and the Daleks

Post 27

docsharp

Of course, it's just the movies that gave 'em that name. Power of the media.


The Borg and the Daleks

Post 28

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

No it's not. Movies took something that already existed and played on/enhanced/exaggerated it, just like they do with everything else.

smiley - pirate


The Borg and the Daleks

Post 29

docsharp

This is the way ideas stick,

A seed (basic idea) is planted by some one, then it is spread, in this case I still think that the movies played a big part in the commonality of the term, although I have to agree the seed would have been planted at a far lower level.
Going back in time to try to sort out the percieved problem from it's roots wont work, because the romuor tree generates more seeds. This idea spread pretty fast and only now is Political Correctness killing it off. Unfortuately Political correctness is now causing a problem. So we create a monster to kill a monster it's like Mission Impossible 2.

When the student is ready a master will appear (old Chinese I think)
I've got all the questions so you must be the master, in this instance.

Don't Panic though,

K9 called the doctor Master.

Can't you see the Krilatines though? They look just like school teachers!


The Borg and the Daleks

Post 30

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

The who?

smiley - pirate


The Borg and the Daleks

Post 31

docsharp

I thought that was their name, you remeber the one when the Doctor came back to earth and found Mary Jane and K9 and there were teachers brainwashing kids, but they were realy some aliens in disguise.

What price progress? Well Galifrey for one, thems pesky bloody Daleks!


The Borg and the Daleks

Post 32

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Oh, them. I don't know what their name is.

smiley - pirate


The Borg and the Daleks

Post 33

Bluebottle

B1001105

<BB<


Key: Complain about this post