My LIfe As A Boozy Oaf

0 Conversations

A Short Note on Matters Sociable

Woodney Lodge,

Sparrow Hawk Lane,

Bishop's Rumpole,

Mumerset.

12th April 1927

Dear Mr Kin,

I write to you about a small problem that has occurred. I was attending a soiree on Saturday last at the Duke of Humpney's residence. There I fell into a conversation with Sir St John Arkplanter, noted philanthropist. Much to my surprise I discovered that he suffered from a nose of such prodigious size that, to be crude, it would rival that of the famous Frenchman De Bergerac. This was but a minor impediment to our conversation on education amongst cane cutters in the Caribbean until his name was called from across the room by an old school chum.

Sir St John turned abruptly towards the sound and, his nose being as it was, I was forced to dart my head swiftly backwards. I avoided any collision with the man himself but unfortunately my peacock feather which Maude, my maid, had so firmly set in my hair jabbed backwards into a footman' left ear. This, naturally enough, caused him some irritation. This manifested itself as a high pitched yelp and a hop to the right. Straight into the path of the Duke. Thus it was that the Duke came to have Salmon Vol Au Vent ground into both his dress jacket and cavalry whiskers.

I managed to slip out in the confusion resulting but have this question. Next week is the Whampton Hunt and I am expected to attend as I am in charge of the catering. How should I address his Grace?

Yours in social unpleasantness,

Lady Euphemia P Lightbody

Next Time: A Dozen Red Bearded Dwarfs.

My Life as a Boozy Oaf Archive

Munchkin

21.04.05 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A3924308

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more