A Conversation for North Dakota, USA

North Dakota?

Post 1

Phaerie

You must be talking about a differeent North Dakota. The one I am used it is a desolate, boring, uninhabitale place. Well maybe not that bad, but it is pretty sad when folks go to South Dakota to shop or for entertainment.

Ah, we just always gave NoDaks a hard time....but they gave it a hard time as well.

But other than that it was a great article...almost glowing...but you forgot the harsh winters with the biting wind, the below freezing temperatures and the being snowed in for days at a time....but I digress...good article.


North Dakota?

Post 2

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

I agree that this felt like a different North Dakota. The online friends I have from there constantly complain and/or freely admit that NoDak is one of the most conservative states (if not *the* most) in the United States.

For that reason, I wouldn't recommend North Dakota as a place of residence for any of following: homosexual and bisexual people, atheists, wiccans, goths, punks, and anyone who religiously utters liberal words like "multiculturalism." Anyone who feels uncomfortable outside large cities would also feel quite lost there.

However, if you are a conservative person who loves nature, hunting, and/or good quantities of peace and quiet, you'll enjoy what NoDak has to offer. And you're welcome to it. smiley - winkeye


North Dakota?

Post 3

Phaerie

I agree, I know a gay couple that lives there and they tell me that there is a suprising large population of gay teens and that their suicide rate is quite high. They have started a group for these teens so they have a safe place to talk to each other without feeling like they are being ridiculed or the fear of being tormented.

I had to go there once to get a trunk lid for my car. I swear that we passed the same gol danged hill a million times....now I lived in South Dakota at the time and that wasn't much better, but we had a tree, and that made all the difference in the world.




Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more