The h2g2 Post Recipe

0 Conversations

Gazpacho

Gazpacho is consumed during summertime. It is a cold soup, low in calories and really healthy.

Ingredients (Serves 6 - 8)

  • 1,250g of ripe and peeled tomatoes.
  • A cucumber, peeled.
  • A green pepper.
  • 1 or 2 cloves of garlic.
  • 200g of white bread from the day before. Or an apple and/or a carrot. (I prefer the apple and carrot option, the bread is just to thicken the soup).
  • 2 or 3 tblspn of vinegar
  • 1 tblspn of salt, not full.
  • Cold pressed olive oil, about half a water glass. I put a bit more.
  • Water (about half a litre).

Method

Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix with a blender until you feel it's a good paste. Add the water (the amount of water you add depends on how thick you want the soup to be). Put it into the fridge for a while before serving it.

Suggestions

Some people add the vinegar and the salt at the end. This way they can control the final result better. Gazpacho can be spoiled if these ingredients are not used wisely.

As a way of decoration, once served, you can add small dices of cucumber and toasted bread. Some people strain the soup.

Salmorejo

If you don't dilute the paste, then you have salmorejo, another meal. It is served with some strips of serrano ham and diced, hard-boiled egg on top. It is eaten with a small spoon and usually accompanied with beer or cold white wine from Jerez: a manzanilla or a dry Jerez (Sherry).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We would also be happy to feature your own personal favourite recipe
but do remember that you should not submit anything which may be
copyright. Send your suggestions or recipes to The
Post Team
.

Recipe Archive

Mar

22.05.08 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A36112079

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more