The CAC Continuum

0 Conversations

The Date Rape Issue

it's a jungle out there

Fiction smiley - cheersWeird Science smiley - drunk First/Personals smiley - hangoverKitchen Syncronicitiessmiley - emptySatire



Rape
is a difficult subject to discuss.
But one by one the prejudices that keep the subject taboo have to be dragged into the light.

The darkest areas are deep in the male psyche. Men suffer an embarassing reflexive arousal of their morbid curiosities whenever the subject is raised. But can they be blamed if their only experience of it comes from films and television.


Film producers simply follow the lead of earlier pornographers, those writers and publishers who discovered that commercial success could be enhanced if violence plays a part in the fantasies. This distorted reality continues to create deeply mixed feelings in the male audience. The constant apparent coincidence of violence and sex in films causes men to continuously wonder if the two really might somehow be inextricably linked.

They are not.
But I only saw the distinction clearly myself when I recently read this week's featured entry:




A3496089 by U645857


The Sun beaming its rays down upon foliage.

This week's CAC Continuum was researched and assembled by ~jwf~
as part of the Committee for Alien Content's Continuing search for truth
in a world gone mad with reality television and televised reality.

Speak for yourself!

The CAC Continuum Archive


We gratefully acknowledge the support of
UG

the h2g2 Underguide
UG

03.02.05 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A3610351

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more