A Conversation for Mark Knopfler - the Singer/Guitarist

Princess Bride

Post 1

Princess Bride

His work for the Princess Bride was great IMHO. But then I really love the Princess Bride so I guess I'm biased...


Princess Bride

Post 2

Adz

Yeah, what is it about that Movie? I must have seen it a million times. It's one that you can just watch over.... and over.. and over...

The soundtrack is really good, you're right. There's something soothing and romantic about the whole thing.

Now that our summer has gone to pot and it's raining every weekend, sounds like a prime choice for next Sunday afternoon...


Princess Bride

Post 3

Princess Bride

Yup I might go watch it myself today... I've gotten so I can match the music with the scene because I have the soundtrack as well... It's such a great movie


Princess Bride

Post 4

Saint Taco-Chako (P.S. of mixed metaphors)

Mostly the William Goldman screenplay, I think.

That, or the alluring call of Andre the Giant.


Princess Bride

Post 5

Princess Bride

You mean "EVERYBODY MOOOOOVE!"? I love that part...


Princess Bride

Post 6

Adz

Best characters have to be "inconceiveable" Viccini and Indigo "Hallo... my neme is Indigo Montoya... You keeled my fadar... prepare to die..." Montoya.

Oh, and all that fairy tale stuff is pretty gushy too.


Princess Bride

Post 7

Princess Bride

I'm going to get the DVD when I have a chance.


Princess Bride

Post 8

Adz

Was just wandering through the video section of HMV, and there it was staring at me for £3.99! I didn't even think twice smiley - smiley

That duel scene is -so- exquisite!


Princess Bride

Post 9

Princess Bride

I just got it a couple days ago for only $14 which is good for a DVD... It was the last one in the store. I love the whole movie, and the duel scene is great because it goes along with the music so well... I love the movie. Now all I have to get is the book...


Princess Bride

Post 10

Adz

There's a book? I wonder if they based the movie off an original book... rather like how they did in the movie.


Princess Bride

Post 11

Saint Taco-Chako (P.S. of mixed metaphors)

Yes, there was a book first.

William Goldman wrote both the book and the screenplay for the movie. He's good about things like that.

However, except for a few extremely intersting plot devices that got cut (Remember that room Wesley was kept in before he was tortured? There's an incredible backstory to that) it reads almost word for word like the movie, "Inconcieveable!"'s and all.

Well, maybe a bit better...

William Goldman is a weird little master-storyteller.


Princess Bride

Post 12

Adz

Amazon.co.uk has just claimed another victim then. smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post