A Conversation for The World Trade Center Attack: A Chronicle of the Events of 11 September, 2001

Wilfully inaccurate?

Post 1

Billidowcar

"9.30: President Bush, on a visit to a primary school in Florida, is informed by his Secretary of State of the first incident."

Ridiculous. The president doesn't find out that four planes are hijacked and his country is under attack until over 30 minutes after the rest of the world is watching it on TV?
Bush himself didn't claim to have been this far out of touch. He said he saw the first plane hit the tower on TV before he entered the classroom (although we know there wasn't a TV outside the classroom and footage of the first plane crash was not shown on September 11). See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgFibjRFfvU

If you want to read a properly researched account of these events see: http://www.cooperativeresearch.org/essay.jsp?article=essayaninterestingday

How disappointing that the BBC continues to uphold the Whitehouse lies about this world-changing day.

This is on a par with the extraordinary BBC News 24 report that somehow managed to tell us that Trade Tower 7 had collapsed 20 minutes before it happened and despite the fact that it was evident from the pictures that it had not collapsed (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7SwOT29gbc&eurl).

Does BBC repeatedly ignore the time-honoured practice of checking facts and verifying sources when it comes to reporting 9/11 or is there something more sinister going on?


Wilfully inaccurate?

Post 2

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

~*~The president doesn't find out that four planes are hijacked and his country is under attack until over 30 minutes after the rest of the world is watching it on TV?~*~

It was not known at the time that any planes had been hijacked, let alone that it was a terrorist attack. They almost certainly thought the plane had crashed into the tower accidentally, and in fact, because of the height of the building, they anticipated that very possiblity in its construction.

~*~Bush...said he saw the first plane hit the tower on TV before he entered the classroom (although we know there wasn't a TV outside the classroom and footage of the first plane crash was not shown on September 11). See:~*~

Apparently the video has been removed, and I have no reason to take your word for it. Besides, Bush is an idiot.

~*~If you want to read a properly researched account of these events see:~*~

Your link is broken.

~*~How disappointing that the BBC continues to uphold the Whitehouse lies about this world-changing day.~*~

How much more disappointing it would be if they had unshakable belief in a little boy crying wolf.

~*~This is on a par with the extraordinary BBC News 24 report that somehow managed to tell us that Trade Tower 7 had collapsed 20 minutes before it happened and despite the fact that it was evident from the pictures that it had not collapsed~*~

There isn't a single clock /or/ time indicator in that video, apart from "about 8 hours ago."

Although there certainly /is/ a building there; you might consider for a moment that this is on You Tube, and it would have been childs play for him to have painted the building in before he posted it.

~*~Does BBC repeatedly ignore the time-honoured practice of checking facts and verifying sources when it comes to reporting 9/11?~*~

Have you?

~*~or is there something more sinister going on?~*~

WOLF! WOLF!

smiley - pirate


Wilfully inaccurate?

Post 3

CRich70

I remember seeing some of the video of the two planes at around 8:30-9am my time (I think) the day it happened. You can also see footage of the incidents on the dvd "what we saw" that came out a few yrs back along with a hard cover book about 9-11. How do you know there was no tv around? When I was in pre-school they had tv's in the classroom so the kids could watch shows like sesame street as part of the ciriculum. They discontinued that for a while I think but could have re-instated that idea in recent yrs. And even though Bush is president he's still just a man. Human beings (even world leaders) can be in a state of shock and not remember things correctly when a tradgedy like 9-11 happens.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more