A Conversation for Cape Town, South Africa

Cape Town supplementals

Post 1

Hyperstorm

Just a few notes:

With regards Dockside at Ratanga Junction/Canal Walk: the place has been closed and liquidated and while it has been rebought it is as yet uncertain when it will be reopened. For the interrum the following places can be recommended and are within easy reach of the City Centre as well as the Waterfront areas: Bourbon Street (nightclub), Comedy Warehouse (speaks for itself) and Castro's (pool / snooker bar.)

With regards beaches: while Clifton and Camp's Bay are great places and easy enough to reach from the City Centre and Waterfront these tend to be overcrowded especially during the tourist seasons when you can expect to literally be walked all over. An additional suggestion to this would be Big Bay located about 25 to 30 km outside of the City Centre which is well known by the locals, but not by vacationers. The view is spectacular, the area is bigger than Camp's Bay and the water marginally warmer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyperstorm


Key: Complain about this post

Cape Town supplementals

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more