A Conversation for Leg Waxing

epilation

Post 1

Calypte

I think this discussion needs a mention of epilators - lovely bits of machinery, not unlike electric shavers, which, like wax, also perform the function of ripping the hair out by the roots. A bit like a mechanised pair of tweezers, if you like, although a fair bit faster. There has been some serious debate as to whether epilating is more or less painful than waxing, but it's certainly a lot less messy.


epilation

Post 2

Frizzychick

I've never tried using those. I'm a convert to waxing (from shaving) and am happy with the "hair ripped out from roots" effect, so I guess that will be the same deal. The thing about waxing is, you can do quite a large area with one swift tug. But it can be very very messy.


epilation

Post 3

Calypte

The best thing about epilation as opposed to waxing, is that you only have to buy your epilator once - probably saving a fortune on new waxing kits! Also, since it only grabs the hair, it tends to irritate some people's skin a lot less........ not that I'm trying to convert you or anything! lol


epilation

Post 4

Beanie

I got fed up having to keep shaving all the time, especially with the shaving rash that you inevitably get now and then. I didn't fancy wasting mone on waxing, having to buy the kits all the time so i settled on an epilator. Although initially it tingled, it now hardly hurts at all and besides saving money has made me a happier smoothy. The only downsides i have found is that it can take quite a while to get all the little blighters (hair) so maybe waxing or shaving is that quick alternative!!!


epilation

Post 5

PermaHugs all round

I have been waxing my legs since my teens, and one of the other great side effects which I'm appreciative of is the fact that the wax removes dead, scaly skin cell along with the hair. It's better than any other form of exfoliation I know and leaves my legs very smooth!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more