A Conversation for Manchester, England, UK

Buses?

Post 1

Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

If you think the bus service is good in Manchester, try getting into Manchester by public transport from Worsley. Forget it.

Also, you forgot the MEN Arena. You can get a train from Walkden right into the arena (practically)and the concerts there are pretty good.....


Buses?

Post 2

Researcher 197839

I visited worsely and it's a bit of a dump, no wonder no-one wants to go there or want worsley people to leave!


Buses?

Post 3

Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

Ouch.......


Buses?

Post 4

AgProv2

Perhaps we should invite nominations for the Worst Bus Service In Manchester?

Name and shame 'em HERE!

My nomination: the 22 Stockport-Bolton. Guilty operator: First Bus.

i) The crappiest oldest buses in First's fleet;
ii) the timetable is a work of fiction especially between 5:00 and 7:00 in the evening;
iii) The 1750 and/or the 1820 departures from Stockport have a 50% and more rate of non-departures - just at the time you most want to travel and get home from work. It's like playing Russian Roulette with buses, as you can get to the stop and one in every two doesn't show, with no word of apology or explanation.

And the next crap bus?


Buses?

Post 5

AgProv2

ah, mistress Weatherwax, my employers have sent me on a training course at Salford Tech on Worsley Road.

I live in Stockport...

I can whole-heartedly agree with you that buses like the 36, 37, et c are not the best in the world. Late, over-full, old and creaky, like the Oozulum Bird they go round and round in circles rather than in a straight line, it takes nearly an hour to get to Worsley from Picadilly Gardens - and of course run by our old mates at First Bus.

it's only once a month for me. You have to do this EVERY day???



Key: Complain about this post