A Conversation for Paranoia - The Role-Playing Game

Finally!

Post 1

Researcher 171083

Egads, someone that knows whereof they speak! Oh, BTW, this message is classified UltraViolet. Please execute yourself now.


Finally!

Post 2

Caveman, Evil Unix Sysadmin, betting shop operative, and SuDoku addict (Its an odd mix, but someone has to do it)

> this message is classified UltraViolet. Please execute yourself now

Err.. Ok.

bash# yourself
yourself: command not found

Citizen, I feel I must complain about your apparent lack of skill in the computer programming department. This makes me mildly suspicous of your claimed security clearance. I could investigate, but it is far easier to merely have you terminated, after all, us high programmers tend to act on such whims. As my assistant ANNROB-I-NSN
says, 'You were the weakest link ZZZzooootttzzz....'

Unfortunately, the new regieme has deleted the link in my article (along with a whole load of new stuff). The old article was A271144. Hey, they zapped my graphics too!. I shall shortly be reassigning BBC sector to reactor sheild duty.

Note for the uninitiated. 'bash#' is the prompt on a unix system. The # (instead of a $) means that the user is logged in as the superuser, which of course all high-programmers are. Ordinary users for instance, cannot wipe out whole systems with one misplaced "rm -rf /"


Finally!

Post 3

Tempest

"Unfortunately, the new regieme has deleted the link in my article (along with a whole load of new stuff). The old article was A271144. Hey, they zapped my graphics too!. I shall shortly be reassigning BBC sector to reactor sheild duty."

Hmm... Caveman has made an anti-BBC comment - traitor! He must die!

[Gunshots. Caveman falls to ground, and is replaced by clone 5]


Finally!

Post 4

Caveman, Evil Unix Sysadmin, betting shop operative, and SuDoku addict (Its an odd mix, but someone has to do it)

I really must check back here more often. Anything interesting happened on this thing recently?

I've been too busy installing more miles of network cable than I care to count, slashdotting, and generally acting wierd. (Such are normal goings on in my company). Wiring up both ends of four lots of 32 cable (with 8 cores each) into patch panels and wallboxes is enough to make even a seasoned network engineer take a holiday.

(And, as South West Trains were kind enough to deposit a free return ticket to london through my door with the free paper (some promotion or other they are running in July), then I thought I'd take advantage of it.

Jim


Key: Complain about this post