A Conversation for How to Make an Orange Julius

The Egg Myth

Post 1

5th Earth (speaker to the void)

Occasionally one hears rumors that the "secret ingredient" of an Orange Julius is a whole, raw egg (shell and all).

This can be expirimentally shown to be false. Put an egg in a blender with some other stuff and pulverize it as long as you like--you will be eternally cursed with a gritty sediment that unpleasantly sinks to the bottom of the glass. Now, this doesn't necessarily mean that the drink doesn't contain the contents of a raw egg, but pretty conclusively shows there's no way they could put the shell in too.

Honestly, what did you expect? I really wonder where these rumors come from...


The Egg Myth

Post 2

pngwen

The original Orange Julius (as made by the creator in the 20's) did, in fact, have a raw egg white in it. I'm not sure when they dropped it from the default ingredients list, but I do know that in the 1980's the egg was optional. Sometime around 1988 they stopped offering the egg as an option though.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more